I SO need this holiday.
Unfortunately it is just time off work - it won't be much of a rest.
We fly out to Perth on Saturday morning and we get to stay with my
sister for 8 days. I'm likely to need a whole second holiday when I get
back just to recover. Still, shouldn't complain, it's better than
nothing. And it will be kid & dog -free.
Sadly the report at work didn't get finished. I have got to about 95%,
then I found out that others work on it (that can't be done until I'm
finished) has to be done with me there, so it isn't possible to get it
out while I'm away. So I just wound down this afternoon - I put my
address book up onto my web-mail, and sorted out 'on leave' messages for my e-mail and phone. A very relaxed afternoon.
We are FLAT broke - there is not a spare cent going. My mother got
tired of my hair (not cut for 4 years - I always have it up and neat,
but my mother and husband both prefer it short) and she has paid for me
to have it cut tomorrow. Our flights to Perth were a gift from my
sister for my birthday (from her frequent flyer points). Sadly, we
still need to leave money here for the kids to eat. And I am very
worried about the bills.
Tomorrow I have huge amounts of washing to do, accounts to try to make
sense of, the hair cut (I wish I knew what I am going to ask for...),
see my friend Paula for a coffee, and try to have a 'money' conversation
with the kids: they will have to manage a limited amount of cash while
we're away, I hope they can do it.
That's enough. I am tired and I have an enormous task list ahead of me
tomorrow.
Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment