Okay. One and one-half days into this and I see that I am using food as a distraction from what I should do...I am struggling to focus and do a FS audit, and as I tried to concentrate I found myself thinking 'lunchtime, need to go get food'. I paused and analysed the sensation. I am not actually hungry. I am just finding it very hard to concentrate. My mind is tired and scattered and trying to find something else to do that isn't hard. I have done lots of scrappy little things today, nothing with meat on it.
So now I've recorded this finding against myself. Corrective action - get a fresh, hot drink of chamomile & spearmint tea, return to desk with pink noise on the headphones and set the timer to do 30 minutes of focussed work...
Right
Step 1 - the tea. done
Step 2 - the pink noise - let's go flowing creek. done - set for 30 mins
Step 3 - work.
Let's see how I go...
aarghghh - interruption - my 30 mins was broken because doha and medicare do not talk to each other, and we are about to lose our anaesthetist clients... and I think if they go then fertility clients and possibly urology will follow. But if the change is about pressure from colleges, then the urologists and cardiologists will be next...
*sigh*
trying again.
Interrupted again... is it any wonder I can't focus? I can't get 30 mins straight to work even when I'm OFF the phones...
third time lucky.
Step 1 - hot drink... nah can't be bothered going back to the kitchen. Just sculled the cold tea from last time.
Step 2 - pink noise for 30 mins ... yep, flowing creek again...
Step 3 - try, try, try to work AND FOR THE RECORD - I am still not actually hungry, but I keep thinking about getting some food. How weird is that?
OK. That worked. I've finally broken through and got work done. I can see it going through now.
So the message is to bring myself back into focus when I start to get distracted. Let's see how it goes tomorrow, hey?
Jo and Fay are both going to be away for the rest of the week, and then Fay is on leave... there is just me and Tracy for the climbing workload...
It is going to be early tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment