Day 4... and it seems to be going well.
I slept well, and woke well this morning. Refreshed and moving ok. I had some reticence about coming in 'cos I have to deal with the audit that has been killing me for a while now... I didn't ride in - despite that being a factor (I believe) in my good mood and sleep yesterday - unsure of the weather.
But I am here at work at a good time (by 8:30) and now I am going to do what I did yesterday - phone on dnd, earphones to concentrate, fresh coffee & water, and get the damned audit off my desk so I can do nice work (els audits) for a while. Feeling OK...
I got Tracy a chocolate bunny for Easter and left it on her desk... she got me a box of lindt chocolates... Now I'm sitting here trying to assimilate the infection control policy of the qld health system and NOT eat chocolate... we have an Easter morning tea shortly, so there will be food there, and I am not actually hungry (maybe a little), so I mustn't eat chocolates, but it is so distracting just having it there...
Focussing again
Made it to morning tea without having chocolate... I had two hot cross buns for morning tea, and then won a box with a bunny and some mini-eggs. Still haven't had any yet...
NATA has been lucky for me. I've never been one to win at raffles and things, but here I always seem to be in the running. Is my luck really changing at last?
9;30pm
Then I had one chocolate, and it all went down hill from there. I reckon I had 10 or 12 chocolates during the rest of the day, and it made me feel awful.
So what let me down, what happened? The long and short is that what I was trying to deal with the other day (using food to distract myself - to 'do something' - when I don't know what to do next), hit me hard when I had chocolates on my desk.
On the upside I did finish that wretched audit, got the qld health report out, and when I go in after Easter I will be free to hit the ELS, and hit them hard.
This weekend is my downtime, my recovery time, my breather before the storm hits - haha - it is indeed the eye of the DIAS storm! lol
Enough. time for a scotch and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment