Here I am in December. Yes, it was a 'stress' breakdown, and I was pretty ill for at least 2 months - I started to come round in late March, but didn't really begin to improve til Linda and I went on holiday to Hong Kong in May. After that I started working on a new project (data work, mercifully) and I have been on a steady road to recovery since then. I had a bit of a set back in early November when Phillip's pre-exam stress caused me significant distress, but everything seems to be on the improve again now.
I'm back seeing the psychologist and principally working through why I comfort eat...although, for me, I think it should be why I have so little self-control and self-discipline.
Anyhow. I think only once before have I really broken like I did in January, and that would have been when I was at the CPMS. And, similarly, it took months to recover, but dissimilarly, I left. I wish I'd stayed there... still. too late now.
So why was I able to cope with years of ... awful things, but last Christmas broke me?
I think I'm edging towards an understanding but I need more time to think - and that's the key: I think it has to do with reflection.
More tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment