My first time in Hobart! Flew in this morning, had training all day, and this evening I've had a walk around, found a distillery to taste whisky in, bought something small to take back for the kids, and now I'm doing my e-mail stuff at an internet cafe (first time I've ever used one!). They've put us up in a really nice hotel (Hadleys) - right in the city, very close to Salamanca. And they have put me and the other person from work in separate rooms. I am SO grateful. I am feeling the pain of Tony's leaving more and more. I am awfully fragile, and being here, instead of at home is an absolute blessing. I really like it here, the pace, and the ... shape, feel ... of Hobart is wonderful.
Gretha and I are meeting at 7pm (very soon) at the hotel to find somewhere nice for dinner. I'm at the Hudson's just a few doors up, so I can push the time a bit... however, I'd like to check my emails tomorrow, and I've only got 5mins left on the card, so I guess I'd better go.
No comments:
Post a Comment