Tuesday, 3 May 2005

I am so tired

Yesterday was flat out from start to finish and I fell into exhausted sleep around midnight. I was up at 5.30, folded washing, cooked pasta sauce for dinner (made 'properly', but by the cheats method - in the pressure cooker), cleaned the kitchen and went to work. My concentration started waning around lunchtime, and I was home at about 6pm. Sarah was still at Rock Eistedfodd rehearsals, Phillip was out with his mates, and Tony was already at a Warden's meeting to try to deal with the messy Parish finances. So I made myself some pasta, and straight back out on the motorbike to the Showgrounds for the the last of the Canine Anatomy lectures. I was struggling by the finish. So, so tired. One of the lecturers had seen a nice little red Iggy at the Albury shows last weekend - turned out that he is the sire of one of my current litters! It was very pleasant to hear my impression of him endorsed by someone of such experience. When I left the showgrounds I tried to adjust the right-side mirror on the bike, and I broke it. So I had to ride home with no mirror on that side. A very nerve-wracking ride; fortunately it was late and there was not much traffic.
At home Tony wanted to debrief his meeting - that took close to an hour, then to bed, and I tried to pray, but fell asleep in the process........
I got up with difficulty this morning, and just as I'd got all the washing out (a line jam-packed with dog-blankets - today's weather should be good) Phillip announced that he was due at TAFE today, not at a placement, so he wanted to practice his driving... We left at about 7.50am, and after a nerve-wracking trip (he hasn't driven for a few weeks) he got to TAFE on time, and I even got to work on time! Unfortunately yesterday's washing didn't get folded and the kitchen didn't get cleaned up 'cos I left 45mins earlier than expected. Oh well. We're having the rest of the pasta sauce with tonights dinner, so maybe I can catch up then. Oh dear. I've just remembered that I'm supposed to be catching up the dog paperwork tonight so that we can start entering the puppies in some shows. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

No comments: