Wednesday, 27 April 2005

'Click' go the stats...

The statistical work has 'clicked'! I'm so happy to see sigmoidal curves (and that is a sentence I never envisaged writing). It's a bit of a tortuous path, but apparently it's the correct way to do it, so I am making progress at last.
I am tired. Lots of moderately late nights, with rather early mornings and very full days, are taking their toll on me. I decided this morning to draw the line on long days - I've been coming in at 7.15am, and going home at 7pm. I'm re-drawing my work-load schedule so that I can work from 9am to 6pm. I don't take lunch most days so they're still getting a good deal from me. I really enjoy this work, and I get really passionate and involved, but I am so drained. I made this momentous decision this morning, and then found out that the Auditor will be here from 8.30am tomorrow, and that we are required to be in at 8.45 to meet him. So I still have to come in early (by the time I'm out of motorbike gear and got the hair tidied up: I'd have to be in at about 8.20 or so) - just not as early as I have been.
Tonight I'm going to make dinner and then I think I'll cook something nice - maybe a cake, muffins or some biscuits. Something easy to make, productive and mindless....
Cheers

No comments: