Two years later - business has collapsed, husband very ill with depression, I'm working back in a lab - a GLP facility.
===========================================================
I thought things were going ok today. I finally made the decision to commit to this job, and I was feeling pretty good about it. Then this morning the Business Manager - who has been the powerhouse behind this whole enterprise told us that she was going to resign. The hostility of some on the executive, combined with the difficulties with a particular staff member meant it was all too much for her. I still held out some hope that when she went to see the Head to actually do it, that he would at least delay her departure if not actually talk her out of it. He didn't. She has 6 weeks leave owing, and he has told her to finish on Monday. The others in the lab are very upset as well (the difficult person is on sick leave today, so she doesn't know what has happened). I don't know where to go with this. Now there is going to be more disruption and uncertainty. I think I have to stick with my original intention to leave here ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment